For companies with 50 or more employees, The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) guarantees eligible employees the right to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid job-protected annually for certain medical and family-related reasons, such as the birth or adoption of a child or serious health condition for themselves or a family member.
FMLA works well for new parents, but medical leave for serious health conditions can be a nightmare for employers to track. Recordkeeping is especially challenging when workers must use FMLA with little or no advance notice. HR professionals are consistently burdened by determining which employees are eligible and which illnesses constitute “serious health conditions”.
Outsourcing the management of your FMLA program makes it possible for your HR professionals to focus on other important business, while insuring that your program is in compliance with Federal mandates, reducing the risk of liability and violations of the law, securing Protected Health Information, and reducing employee abuse.
Benefits Connection, as your independent third-party FMLA Administration expert, is dedicated to providing consultation and administrative support related to FMLA. By outsourcing your FMLA Administration to Benefits Connection, you will reduce employee abuse of FMLA, reduce your costs of compliance, and improve your overall efficiency.
FMLA services that you will receive with Benefits Connection include (but are not limited to):
- Full review to determine leave eligibility and entitlement
- Approval/denial correspondence
- Application of FMLA regulations and policies
- Secure tracking of all employee requests and absences
- Track leaves of absence concurrently with disability claims
- Complete documentation for every case
- Detailed reports on employee usage
- Training for supervisors and managers
- Consultative sessions to review leave policies